Saturday, October 07, 2006

Music Review: Lennie Gallant - When We Get There


Been awhile hasn't it? I have to be honest. I haven't had much to post about ever since my trip. I guess I should have spaced that out more since I knew I wouldn't have that much material until a future purchase. I did promise some full length reviews of the albums I bought on the trip though. So, we'll start with this one.

Lennie Gallant. What can I say, but When We Get There. It's surprising that a singer-songwriter of his talent isn't more well known, even across Canada. What I mean by that is, I would put him in league with singers such as Gordon Lightfoot and Jimmy Rankin, and Ron Sexsmith. Yes, he is that good. At first I didn't really think much of it, but it's grown on me a lot and I find it to be one of my favourite albums that I've bought this year. I think it's destined to become a classic.

The songs are beautiful, and just the kind of songs that should be hits on the radio, but somehow aren't. The kind of songs that make you wonder just what are actually considered "hits" anymore. The kind of songs that make you wish that there were more of.

Album: Lennie Gallant - When We Get There
Label: Universal Records (Canada)
Release Date: 2005
Bonus Material?: No
Site: www.lenniegallant.com

4 comments:

  1. have to say Bookworm thanks! You always inspire me to buy Canadian Artists... I was in the music store today and I looked Canadian and had a heck of a time trying to think of artists names... should have came here first. I want both Ron Sexsmith and Lennie Gallant. Instead I only came away with Tomi Swick

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. That's what I do best because I have my mind on Canadian music most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I'm going to actually get around to listening to all these new artist that you guys keep recommending... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lennie Gallant sounds like something right up mine and Kerry's alley, lol.

    ReplyDelete