Monday, March 19, 2007

LibraryThing

Well, in what seems to be almost forever, I've actually added something new to my blog. This thing is really cool. If you look on the bottom right of my menu, you'll see a box randomly displaying books in my collection. I spent nearly 2 hours last night creating and entering my list of books for my online library, and if you click on "my library", it will take you to my library where you can either view it as covers or with a list view. I actually find list view handier since you can check out the groupings using the tags you assign to the books. So, for instance, all my Asimov books are together, all my Star Trek books, all the books in a series, etc. Many of these books I haven't read yet and will post about them in the future.

6 comments:

  1. Could you come over and spend the weekend doing that with my c.d.'s for me please? I'll do the BBQ !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That only took you two hours? I'd love to do something like that with my books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, around 2 hours, but then again I don't have quite an extensive collection compared to a lot of people. My Bookcase is pretty much the only place they go, and it's already overflowing.

    If you want to do something like that with yours, just follow the link to LibraryThing where it says, "Powered by LibraryThing".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kerry, I've been searching around for you and I think I found something you'll be interested in.

    Here's a site similar to LibraryThing, only it does Books, DVDs, Music and more.

    Listal

    ReplyDelete