Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bunny is Back!


A few years ago, we had a bunny that chose our backyard and kept visiting it all summer long. We never knew where it was coming from since we live in a residential area. This was after the dog died, and it was my opinion that the bunny sensed the dog's spirit and felt at peace in the yard where we buried him. Then, something happened and the bunny disappeared, and didn't come the next year. I was kind of worried if something had happened to it.

Then today, my Dad mentioned that he saw the bunny in the backyard again. So, I went outside with my camera, while it was still sunny and managed to take a few pictures. I kept trying to get as close as possible to get the best picture I could, and I did manage to get a really good one. My camera is only a 2.1 Megapixel camera, so I was limited in the amount of zoom I could get, which meant I had to get substantially closer to the bunny without scaring it off. What I did was I laid down my my stomach and then snapped away.

I was out there for awhile, and the Bunny had gotten out from under the tree and started to eat grass and leaves. I felt a drop of rain on my nose, and then the minute the bunny started to feel raindrops, it ran the fastest I'd ever see it run back under the tree where it feels safe.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep seeing it over the summer.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your bunny friend is back! Hope it sticks around over the summer for you.

    That's a pretty good photo. Espexially considering the quality of the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunnies everywhere this year?? they are driving me crazy in the middle of the night when Scotty gets all pissed off cause they are in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oddly enough there was a newsclip on CTV news tonight about the city being over run by bunnies!!

    http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20070508/bunny_rabbit_boom_070508/20070508?hub=TorontoHome

    *giggles*

    ReplyDelete