Monday, April 09, 2007

Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age becoming a mini-series

Ok, so if you read this blog, you probably know I'm a Neal Stephenson fan by now, so I was really excited when I found news of The Diamond Age being adapted by the Sci-Fi channel as a mini-series and being produced by George Clooney. Did I mention I'm really excited? Neal himself is writing the screenplay. Oh , yeah, I'm really excited.

Diamond Age, based on Neal Stephenson's best-selling novel The Diamond Age: Or a Young Lady's Illustrated Primer, is a six-hour miniseries from Clooney and fellow executive producer Grant Heslov of Smokehouse Productions.

When a prominent member of society concludes that the futuristic civilization in which he lives is stifling creativity, he commissions an interactive book for his daughter that serves as a guide through a surreal alternate world. Stephenson will adapt his novel for the miniseries, the first time the Hugo and Nebula award winner has written for TV.


More info straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=39447

3 comments: